Maths Gym is not for students who dislike mental effort!
After all, the three indispensable keys to learning mathematics are extensive understanding of mathematical concepts, a good memory and ample practice.This book provides you close to 400 problems to practise, enhance your understanding and help you memorise mathematical principles. Some of the more challenging problems in this book are there to prove that you are capable of solving them. This book is a mathematical gymnasium where “exercises” can be both beneficial and fun.
If you work out the problems in the practices from Sessions 1 to 11 on your own, you will likely do quite well in the coming examinations. You will find:
- Learning Objectives that detail what you should know about that topic.
- Useful Notes in the form of practical advice, reminders, worked examples and detailed
- explanations to help you recap what you have learnt about the topic and prepare you for the mental workout.
- Practice questions that train you specifically on a particular topic so that you become familiar with the concepts taught.
- Challenge Yourself! has questions designed to challenge you to work through the varied interesting sums and to apply what you have learnt.