The Henry V Graphic Novel is one of the most famous plays written by Shakespeare.
It is a rousing tale of war and peace between England and France during the reign of Henry V. It springs to life in this unabridged, full-colour graphic adaptation. Every scene, every speech, and every battle is here. From Once more unto the breach to the decisive Battle of Agincourt. All in Shakespeare’s original language. The lively illustrations accurately depict the era’s costumes and settings.
This award-winning title not only provides a wonderful treatment of the text but also interesting background pieces on Shakespeare, King Henry V, and the Battle of Agincourt. As with all our Shakespeare titles, the period is faithful to the bard’s intentions, and there is a choice of three text versions.
Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead!
Graphic Novels are available in 3 versions.
Choose the text version to suit your reading level.
Shakespeare Range In order to be true to the Bard’s works, our Shakespeare titles feature the entire script, unabridged, in the original setting. That is our starting point – the “Original Text”.
Research revealed how the complex Shakespeare language can deter many readers, especially those coming to a play for the first time. To cater for that, we publish a translation into plain English (from the entire script) that we call “Plain Text”.
This process is taken a stage further to create the third reading level, “Quick Text”, that features reduced and simplified dialogue for younger and reluctant readers. This version is also ideal for students where English is not the first language, and for a quick introduction to the play for even mature students.
Three text versions, linked to vibrant and exciting, yet realistic artwork, ensures that all students can engage with the text
Teaching resources packs are also available
- Photocopiable study guide for William Shakespeare’s Henry V
- Packed with cross-curriculum activities, covering English, history, drama and art
- CD includes an electronic version of the study guide for whiteboards laptops and digital printing
- Suitable for teaching ages 10-17 (This study guide includes activities for all skill levels, providing many opportunities for differentiated teaching and for the tailoring of lessons to meet individual needs)
- Illustrated with images from the Classical Comics graphic novels but it can be used alongside any version of the play
- 297mm x 210mm x10mm